Friday, October 16, 2009

Big Tex...

This weekend is the last weekend of the State Fair this year and also happens to be Texas/OU weekend. Being an Aggie myself, I have not participated in this dreaded event before...but, I have to admit...it was a BLAST! So many people and so much fun tonight. I can't remember the last time I went to the State Fair. I think I was about 10 or 11 and helped my cousins, the Hardens, hold some of their chickens for a chicken show....that's right, you heard it! So, 2 turkey legs, 1 cheeseburger, 1 fajita, fried smores, fried cookie dough, 3 margaritas, 2 beers, and 4 FRIED BUTTERS later......Ben, Kinley, Jen, Matt, and Eden and I were holding our stomachs back to the car. If you can't tell...the Fried Butter was amazing!!! It is actually a biscuit that they put a ton of butter in and then fry...the best thing on earth. Here are some pics of the night.

And P.S. - the orange jacket does not mean I am in total support of the Longhorns...I am just an Aggie who happens to own an orange fall jacket (but, I would much rather them win tomorrow than OU)!!
The children's animal barnyard was SO fun...the baby goats were adorable!
They had a giraffe!
I don't normally post these obscene pics...but, wow...Boris III is huge!!!
Red River Rivalry
Turkey Leg #1
Turkey Leg #2
Turns out the BOB can hold adults too!
Big Tex is HUGE!
Yay for the State Fair! Can't wait till next year!

1 comment:

Honey said...

You need to start working on the "gig em" hand sign...Kinley almost looks like she's trying to do "hook em horns". Looks like a fun day!