Monday, May 16, 2011

Matt's Graduation - A New Aggie Alumni

First off, I want to say sorry for whatever has been going on with my blog lately...I think it is something with blogger. I know people have been having trouble leaving comments and my posts have been going off and back on and a lot of people wrote some really sweet comments about Ben for the last post but, they somehow got deleted...I don't know why. But, I am trying to figure it out. Hopefully, it won't continue to be a problem.

Anyway, back to our fantastic weekend in College Station!!! We went to see Matt graduate and it was a total blast. I always LOVE going back to College Station....it just brings back a peaceful feeling of comfort, relaxation, no worries and just fun college memories. It was extra-special because we had the ENTIRE mom's side of my family there. That is truly a big deal because that never happens anymore. Even Bart and Olivia got to come from Boston....Whoop! (I just had to) It is also special because every cousin and spouse on that side is an Aggie (except Ben and Brooke who is a future Aggie still in HS). It is just such a fun bond between all of us and we all LOVE going to College Station.

We took lots of time to celebrate these 3 May graduates! How good looking are these boys!?
IMG_6208
We all hung out on Friday night at Matt's house until late...Kinley and I didn't even go to bed until 11:30! But, she was having a BLAST and loved every minute of it. She loves hanging with her sweet uncles. They were trying to get her to smile by tickling her leg....which worked. Then they tried it on Olivia. Haha!
IMG_6224
Picnik collage
The picture above of Kinley hugging a stuffed otter is hilarious to me and just one of the treasures to be found at Uncle Matt-Matt's house. It is truly the picture of a college boys house...but, 100 times worse. Seriously if the city came in and inspected it would be condemned. Only college boys could live there. I wish I had more pics of this house. As an example...This is what they call storage....
IMG_6217
And just another room mate....
IMG_6218
We had a family toast to the graduates (minus preggo me) and had a great night.
Picnik collage
Here is a group pic.
IMG_6232
Then early Saturday morning Matt walked the stage at Reed Arena. The graduation ceremonies at A&M are huge and his was just one of like 10 that weekend. Matt had a string of long accolades that they said before they announced his name. He is pretty much a genius and graduated with a 4.0 and the only Finance major with University Honors. It's kinda ridiculous. We were so proud!
IMG_6280
graduation
We took LOTS of pics with the graduate.
IMG_6290
Picnik collage
And a big family pic before we had to part ways again.
IMG_6315
It was so much fun! I am lucky again next week and get to go to Bart's Harvard graduation. I can't wait! Yay for all the graduates!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Linds, from which school is Bart graduating? My husband is graduating from periodontal residency with the dental school. Maybe I'll see you at Harvard Yard!

Camila said...

Yay Matt!! Also it was a a Blogger issue not a problem with your blog. It happened to everyone but it should be fine now.

Jan said...

What a great weekend. Love the family pic!!! Gonna have to print one of those for Momma Gay and Pepa! I love you.

Elise Thompson Kacal said...

WHOOOP! I was also at Reed Arena on Saturday morning for my sister. And I know what you mean about going back to College Station- it always feels like going home to me. It's like they say, "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can't explain it." Congrats to Matt!

Class of '03

Natalie said...

CONGRATS MATT!!!! AND CONGRATS to BEN!!! yay!!!!

Honey said...

So proud of you, Matt! It was a great celebration. Nothing I love better than spending time with my family.

Olivia Howe said...

SUCH a fun weekend. The only picture cuter than Kinley and the otter is the one of Kinley and my double chin haha. But seriously, just can't wait for you guys to come to Boston. Can't promise as much sun as we had in College Station!