Saturday, October 22, 2011

Inspiration - Cookies and Costumes

I gotta say a big THANKS to Allison for inspiring me to bake some homemade chocolate chip cookies! We are big slice and bakers over here and by that, I mean at least every night we put some kind of cookie in the oven. So, it was a special occasion to make some from scratch! I share Allison's opinion that Kristen's cookies are the very best! I did not even attempt her recipe, instead I just took a note from good ole Nestle Tollhouse! When you say Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies does that make anyone else think of that "Friends" episode where Phoebe thinks she has some massive, secret family recipe that Monica spends countless hours trying to crack which just turns out to be Nestle Tollhouse? I laugh inside every time.

Also, thanks to Aunt Olivia and Uncle Bart for sending Kinley her very own cooking set in the mail! It came complete with all kinds of utensils, an apron and a recipe book. She loved it immediately.
photo-82
I think her favorite thing are the "scissors" that really would only cut dough. That is something she is not used to being able to play with.
photo-83
All the utensils are color coded and it was so fun to ask her to hand me the yellow cup or the pink spoon. She really did get to be involved!
IMG_8193
IMG_8195
IMG_8196
IMG_8197
IMG_8192
IMG_8198
I think the cookies turned out delicious!
IMG_8202
IMG_8199
IMG_8203
IMG_8205

Allison also inspired me to get going on Kinley's Halloween costume. Recently, Kinley has become obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We cannot start watching it until after her nap in the late afternoon because once we start she cannot stop. If we are in the car, she wants to watch it on a phone, at home on the tv or if the tv is in use, on the ipad or the computer. It is kind of insane. But, because of that, it was easy to decide she should be Minnie Mouse for Halloween! This is kind of the look I am going for.
Screen shot 2011-10-22 at 8.48.54 AM
I was not sure I was up to the task of making a costume but, I found the perfect fabric at Hobby Lobby and figured it was meant to be!
photo-84
I did not find a pattern I liked, or that I know how to follow, so I am just going to wing it and try to make my own. We will see how it goes. So far, I have started by making a simple circle skirt.
IMG_8206
I will get you some finished project pics when its ready.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Your cookies look delicious and FLUFFY! I'm so jealous! I can't wait to see the minnie mouse outfit. It is going to be so cute, that fabric is perfect!

kristen said...

the cookies look so good!! and what a fantastic little helper!! and i can't wait to see the finished product!!! we love minnie mouse! you are the best mom ever. she is just gonna LOVE halloween!!!

Olivia Howe said...

I love the cooking stuff! That is exactly what I had in mind. Go Kinley! I think we might see you on the cooking network some day :)