I can't believe it. It seems like time is flying by but also like I have known you forever. You are such a joy and blessing to our family.
A few things about this month:
Weight: 10 pounds 14 oz 20th percentile
Height: 22 1/2 inches 25th percentile
Head: 15 1/2 - 50th percentile
Dr. Scott says these percentiles really mean nothing at this point because they are still measuring the size of my uterus versus making predictions about your future growth. That comes later. But, it's still fun to know.
- You are eating every 2-3 hours during the day and every 4-5 hours at night. Usually still up twice a night before waking up for the day.
- You nap usually one really good nap in your bed swaddled and one or two catnaps in your bed or in the carseat and one really good nap in the carrier on me.
- You are smiling and cooing and it is the best. We have to work at it to get you to smile and it's hard to catch on camera but, when we do, it's dreamy.
- You are very good about being with your big brother and sister. They constantly want to talk to you, mess with you, hold you and you tolerate it pretty well. Kinley is getting great at holding you.
- You like sitting under your mobile and do it a couple times a day for a few minutes whenever I need to go to the bathroom or help Kinley or Ty with something. You like watching the animals go round and round and listening to the music.
- You are getting much better about being in your carseat. You still don't love it if you are just wide awake...but, you don't scream like you did and will fall asleep occasionally. We even got to go on a walk/run the other day where you were in the car seat in your stroller the whole time with Ty and I didn't have to carry you around in the bjorn.
- But, you still LOVE being in a carrier. Either the moby wrap or the baby bjorn. They are your favorite. Around the house, in the grocery store, cooking dinner, taking a nap...anything, you just love being there. And, I love it too. Even getting ready. This is the post-pregnant belly selfie in my bathroom.
- You are a daddy's boy. Ben has the baby magic with you and you love some good one on one time with him every evening when he gets home while I am either bathing or getting the big kids ready for bed. Even if I give you to him a little fussy, he has the way and calms you down instantly.
- You still love bathtime and no matter how hungry you are or ready for bed, you are always happy in the bath.
- My favorite time of day is right after bath, before bed when the lights are out and it's just you and me cuddling and listening to you talk. When our days are crazy and on the go constantly, it is nice to slow down. It's just my happy place.
- You had your first ear infection at 7 weeks old. It was horrible. I had no idea what was wrong but I just knew something was wrong. You were screaming and inconsolable no matter what I did. You wouldn't eat and that was a big deal because you are a big eater. I took you right in to the doctor and he was shocked it was actually an ear infection. The whole office felt sorry for you because you were just screaming. It was so sad. You were much better after a couple days on antibiotics but, after a re-check it still wasn't gone so we are on round 2 of a different kind of antibiotic that hopefully will kick it. You are so sweet but I can tell you aren't completely feeling good. I can't wait to see what you will be like when you are feeling 100%!
Dylan Lee - you light up our world all around the clock. You love to be held and talked to and entertained and we love doing it. You are a constant reminder of God's incredible blessings and our grave responsibility and high calling as parents. We are humbled to have been entrusted with you. We love you so much.