Friday, May 29, 2015

Indoor Field Day!

Kinley had her first Field Day! 
(sort of) 
 The rain has been insane around here and after years of droughts, we have now had too much rain (I know, I know, we are the grumbling Israelites) and for the first time ever, Kinley's school had to make-shift a field day Indoors. 
 I can't lie, I was super disappointed when I found out it was inside...my visions of sack races, relays and tug-of-war were out the door. 
 Field "Day" was also a little deceiving because in reality, all of the Kinder activities were from 8:00-9:45am. 
 It made it super easy for our whole family to go and not miss one event though!
 And I totally got over it when I realized that Kinley has no previous field day expectations and so she has no idea what she's missing. 
 So, indoor field day was like the best thing ever for her! 
 All the events were team events with their class and they competed only against the other two Kinder classes so, the lucky kids won a ribbon in every event. 

 Here is their class ready for their first event - the "Chopsticks Run". 
Untitled Untitled 
And I can't talk enough or say enough sweet things about Erika and Claire. 
 She was between them in every event and all day long. 
 We HAVE to have some summer playdates with them. 
Untitled Untitled 
 How sweet!!???!! 
Untitled
Here is a short video of Kinley, Erika and Claire in a few events that will be super boring to anyone who is not Kinley.
   
 Look at all those ribbons! Untitled 
 Class pic 
Untitled
This boy can't wait to be a Tiger in a few years. 
Untitled Untitled 
Field Day was a family affair 
Untitled
Maybe next year we will get to have an outdoor field day!

No comments: