Monday, September 14, 2015

Ty Anson - 4 years old

Ty turned FOUR years old the day after we returned from San Antonio. 
 For some reason, four years old has been very hard on me this time! 
 Four enters like a whole new era of kid. 
 No more toddler, at all, just full blown kid. 
 He is getting so big and it went so, so fast!
  IMG_3132  

I hated it, but I had to work on Ty's birthday. 
 It was the beginning of Matt & Sandy's wedding week and we had to change some days around. 
 So, we had a great breakfast of cinnamon rolls and sang happy birthday before I headed off to work.
  IMG_3122 IMG_3121 IMG_3127 

Ty spent the day with Honey and Dylan and got to go to baseball with his best buddies. 
I sent some cupcakes with Ty to take to his friends and they celebrated him so well. 
 I am SO thankful for the sweetest friends who made Ty's day so special, especially since I couldn't be with him. 
 They sent me videos and pics and brought him presents. 
 It was so sweet.
  IMG_3138 IMG_3140 IMG_3139 
 All Ty wanted to do on his birthday was swim so, we had a small family dinner at mom & dad's. 
 I wasn't going to take much over there but, Ty insisted I take the decorations I had put up for breakfast at our house over to Honey & Boss'. We swam and grilled out hot dogs and hamburgers and opened a few presents for sweet Ty. Ty and Ryland are sharing a friend birthday party in a couple weeks. They have asked for a Ninja Turtle/Golf theme. 
Let's see how Stacee and I can pull that off???? 
IMG_3141 IMG_3161 IMG_3164 IMG_3166 IMG_3153 

The next day Ty was Star Student in his class at school. 
 We got to have a little celebration for him at the end of his school day and he got to show off some of his favorite things to the class and I got to read a book. IMG_3184 

Ty had his 4 year check up with Dr. Scott and he did great! 
 He is 39.5 pounds (60th percentile) and 42 inches tall (75th percentile). 
 Dr. Scott thinks he will be right around 6 feet tall. 

 Ty answered all Dr. Scott's questions well and took the shots without a protest. Dylan went with us to get the second half of his flu shot too. These boys and their joint well-checks forever. 
IMG_3610 IMG_3611

I did the birthday questionnaire with Ty this year also.
 I love comparing these each year.

1. What is your favorite color? Blue 
2. What is your favorite toy? Racecars & Trains 
3. What is your favorite fruit? Blueberries & Pineapple & Strawberries 
4. What is your favorite tv show? Tumbleleaf (its an Amazon original) 
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? "Beebell" (Velveeta) Shells and Cheese 
6. What is your favorite outfit? Shark Shirt 
7. What is your favorite game? Stack the States 
8. What is your favorite snack? Fruit Snacks 
9. What is your favorite animal? Dinosaurs 
10. What is your favorite song? Jesus, You're My Superhero 
11. What is your favorite book? The Giving Tree 
12. Who is your best friend? Sean Ryan & RyRy 
13. What is your favorite cereal? Star Wars Cereal 
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play games 
15. What is your favorite drink? Apple Juice 
16. What is your favorite holiday? Snow (???)
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Crock-y, Shark-y, Thomas the Train blanket and Bear pillow (it's a lot guys)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? english muffin 
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? chicken nuggets 
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? racecar driver 

 Ty Anson, you have my heart.
 You can make me melt into a puddle on the floor faster than anything.
 You have the biggest and sweetest heart.
 You are definitely a mama's boy and I NEVER want that to end.

I love how you always can't wait to come cuddle up in my lap in the mornings when you wake up. I love how you randomly just yell out at the top of your lungs "Mama, I love you!"
 I love how you try to one-up me when I say I love you "to the moon"....you usually love me "to the moon and back" "to infinity" "to heaven" or my favorite "to peppa pigs house" :)
 It must be far, far away.
 I love how you like to hold my hand in the car. I love how you want some "love" from me, which usually means cuddling/holding/carrying you somewhere. I love how you always compliment me and open the door for me.
 Your daddy has taught you well.

 The only other girl that rivals my place in your heart is Kinley.
 You ADORE her.
 Summer was the greatest thing for you because you had Kinley with you all the time. You miss her while she is at school. You cannot wait to pester her when she gets home. You sit with her while we work on homework. You play any game she invents and take on any role she gives you when playing make-believe. You jump on her bandwagon for a dance party, stage show, sports game, etc. You are the best sidekick. If Kinley ever spends the night away with a friend you get SO sad.

 You both sleep together every night either in her room or yours. She says you say the same things every night after dad and I leave the room:
1) "Lets have a pillow fight"
2) "When can we see the Big Thomas again?"

 If she is gone, your routine is totally thrown and you cry and cry. You say "I really miss Kinley" "I really love Kinley" It.is.the.sweetest.
 I pray you two are always close.
 I know as Dylan grows that you two will become the best of friends and I can't wait for that bond of brothers that your dad and Alex and Uncle Bart and Uncle Matt know so well but, I pray you and Kinley stay close too.

 Ty, I cannot wait to see what God has in store for your life. You continue to surprise me. You are smart and such a hard worker. You are determined to master something once you start it whether it is a puzzle, board game, building something, baseball, or an ipad app. It is astounding to see how quickly you mastered the "stack the states" app and how you know the geography of the US better than I do.
 (Dad and I are still crossing our fingers that you will show some interest in soccer since we've signed you up this year...but, we won't hold our breath.)

But, most of all I pray that dedication and intensity will stay with you as you start to learn about Christ.
 I pray you pursue Him with that same excitement and desire.
 I pray your heart stays soft and sweet even as you grow up to be a tough young man.
 I know God has big things in store for your life and I cannot wait to be a part of watching Him grow and use you for His Kingdom.
 I love you so much Ty Ty!
 Happy Birthday!

No comments: